Power Amplifier Module for WCDMA / HSDPA / HSUPA / HSPA+ / LTE – Band II (1850–1910 MHz)The SKY77702 Power Amplifier Module (PAM) is a fully matched 10-pad surface mount module developed for Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) applications. This small and efficient module packs full 1850–1910 MHz bandwidth coverage into a single compact package. Because of high efficiencies attained throughout the entire power range, the SKY77702 delivers unsurpassed talk-time advantages. The SKY77702 meets the stringent spectral linearity requirements of High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA), and Long Term Evolution (LTE) data transmission with high power added efficiency. A directional coupler is integrated into the module thus eliminating the need for any external coupler.
The single Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) Microwave Monolithic Integrated Circuit (MMIC) contains all active circuitry in the module. The MMIC contains on-board bias circuitry, as well as input and interstage matching circuits. Output match into a 50-ohm load is realized off-chip within the module package to optimize efficiency and power performance.
The SKY77702 PAM is manufactured with Skyworks’ InGaP GaAs Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor (HBT) BiFET process that provides for all positive voltage DC supply operation while maintaining high efficiency and good linearity. Primary bias to the SKY77702 is supplied directly from any three-cell Ni-Cd, a single-cell Li-Ion, or other suitable battery with an output in the 3.2 to 4.2 volt range. No VREF voltage is required. Power down is accomplished by setting the voltage on VENABLE to zero volts. No external supply side switch is needed as typical “off” leakage is a few microamperes with full primary voltage supplied from the battery.
SKY77702-16 has been discontinued and is not recommended for new design
- Low voltage positive bias supply 3.2 V to 4.2 V
- Good linearity
- High efficiency: 40% @ 28.6 dBm
- Large dynamic range
- Small, low profile package
- 3 mm x 3 mm x 0.85 mm
- 10-pad configuration
- Power down control
- Supports low collector voltage operation
- Digital Enable
- No VREF required
- CMOS compatible control signals
- Integrated Directional Coupler
Images & Diagrams
- Frequency (MHz)
- PAM for WCDMA / HSDPA / HSUPA / HSPA+ / LTE
- Typical PAE (%)
- Typical Gain (dB)
- Supply Voltage (V)
- MCM, 10-pad
- Package (mm)
- 3 x 3 x 0.85
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Supporting Design Information
- Explore ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.