LTE Dual-Band Front-End Module for IoTThe SKY68000-31 is a hybrid, dual-band multi-chip RF front-end (RFFE) module supporting cellular LTE-M/NB-IoT (half-duplex system) transceiver platforms. The module integrates the entire RF front end necessary for an LTE dual-band radio operating in Band 13 and Band 4 including Rx SAW filters, dual-band PA with bias controller, Tx low-pass harmonic filter, antenna switch, and MIPI RFFE controller.
The PA load-line is optimized for high efficiency while simultaneously meeting 3GPP ACLR and emissions mask specifications with LTE up to 6 RB. An integrated LPF is implemented to reject the PA and transceiver harmonics while at the same time minimizing any post PA loss for an optimized transmit current consumption. Out-of-band emissions performance is emphasized by the design to be compliant for Band 13 and Band 4.
Receive SAW filters are integrated in to the module along with the necessary matching, yielding a 50 Ω single-ended impedance for the antenna and Rx ports. The SAW filters provide a high level of rejection to out-of-band interferers protecting the transceiver from high blocking signal levels and to support 3GPP LTE blocking test conformance. The Rx SAW filters cascaded with the low throw count switch establishes a lower insertion loss and noise figure than conventional LTE receivers.
MIPI RFFE Controller Interface
The SKY68000-31 functional operation is fully controllable by a single MIPI interface which is used to drive the PA in various optimized bias modes as well as providing band selection and controlling the antenna switch Tx, Rx, and band selection.
- Cost-optimized front end for low-data-rate applications
- Low-loss post-PA transmit front end for enhanced transmitter efficiency (compared to LTE-FDD radio front ends)
- Dual-band PA supporting APT mode of operation or Vcc fixed supply (≥ 2.85 V)
- Integrated low-pass filters for harmonic rejection to comply with spurious emission requirements
- Integrated SP4T antenna Tx/Rx switch
- Integrated Rx SAW filters for out of band rejection for both Band 13 and Band 4
- Optimized to support LTE for 1 to 6 RB
- MIPI RFFE control interface, 2.0 compliant
- Pin-to-pin compatible with the SKY68001-31 and SKY68011-31
- Adaptive biasing scheme for maximum PA efficiencies
- Small, low-profile package (4 mm x 5 mm x 0.9 mm) (MSL3 @ 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020)
- Lead (Pb)-free and RoHS-compliant
Images & Diagrams
- Frequency (MHz)
- LTE B4/B13 FEM for IoT
- Typical Linear LTE Power
- Typical Linear LTE Power
- Supply Voltage (V)
- MCM, 24-pad
- Package (mm)
- 4 x 5 x 0.9
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.