High Efficiency, Six-Channel White LED Driver with I2C InterfaceThe SKY81453-13 is a highly integrated, high efficiency LED backlight solution for tablets, notebook computers, monitors, and other portable devices.
An integrated boost converter provides a high voltage output for driving up to 28 V. Six precision current sinks are programmable up to 60 mA per string. The integrated boost regulator switching frequency is adjustable from 600 kHz to 2 MHz for system integration flexibility, to optimize efficiency, and to minimize external passive component requirements.
The SKY81453-13 supports filtered Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) dimming and I2C dimming. The duty cycle of PWM input signal and the I2C brightness control program can be used to control the LED current level not to exceed the maximum LED current, which is set by an external RISET resistor. The I2C brightness control and the PWM duty input signal are multiplied to control the output current level. When the PWM pin is not used, pull this pin to high or set the “ignore PWM input” bit (IGPW). The PWM input frequency range is 100 Hz to 50 kHz with a 10-bit dimming resolution for frequencies between 100 Hz and 25 kHz, and 8-bit dimming resolution for frequencies between 25 kHz and 50 kHz.
For system protection, the SKY81453-13 senses open or shorted LED conditions and over-temperature events. High voltage current sink design prevents damage resulting from short LEDs. System faults are reported through the I2C interface.
The SKY81453-13 is available in a Pb-free, 2.44 mm × 2.44 mm 25-bump Wafer Level Chip Scale Package (WLCSP).
- VIN range: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Integrated 28 V boost converter
- Up to 93% efficiency
- Minimum off time: 50 ns
- Adjustable switching frequency: 600 kHz to 2 MHz
- Boost current limit selection
- Six current channels, 60 mA per channel
- Accuracy/matching: ±1.5% at 25 ºC, 30 mA
- Fade in/out feature for brightness control
- I2C control
- Individual channel enable/disable, fault trigger point, and status programming
- 8-bit/256 programmable analog dimming
- 10-bit PWM duty control (fPWM = 100 Hz to 25 kHz)
- 8-bit PWM duty control (fPWM > 25 kHz)
- Filtered PWM (CABC control)
- PWM input frequency range: 100 Hz to 50 kHz
- Fault protection:
- Independent channel shutdown for: open LED(s), shorted LED(s)
- Boost over-voltage and over-current protection
- Over-temperature shutdown
- WLCSP (25-bump, 2.44 mm × 2.44 mm) (MSL1, 260 °C per JEDEC-J-STD-020)te PWM dimming (45 Hz to 300 Hz range)
Images & Diagrams
- Number of LEDs
- LED Channels
- LED(s) per/Ch
- Min. VIN (V)
- Max. VIN (V)
- I2C, FPWM
- Typ. IQ (μA)
- Peak Efficiency
- Current Accuracy (%)
- Current Matching (%)
- Max. IOUT per/Ch (mA)
- Package (mm)
- 2.44 x 2.44 x 0.73
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.