Power Amplifier Module for Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGESKY77354 Power Amplifier Module (PAM) is designed in a compact form factor for quad-band cellular handsets comprising GSM850/900, DCS1800 and PCS1900, supporting fixed gain Gaussian Minimum-Shift Keying (GMSK) and linear Enhanced Data for GSM Evolution (EDGE) modulation. Class 12 General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) multi-slot operation is also supported.
The module consists of GSM850/900 PA and DCS1800/PCS1900 PA blocks, impedance matching circuitry for 50 fi input and output impedances, and a Multi-function Power Amplifier Control (MFC) block. A custom BiCMOS 1C provides the internal MFC function and interface circuitry.
Two separate Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor (HBT) PA blocks are fabricated onto a single InGaP die; one supports the GSM850/900 bands, the other the DCS1800/PCS1900 bands. Both PA blocks share common power supply pads to distribute current. The InGaP and silicon dies and the passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate. The entire assembly is encapsulated with plastic overmold.
RF input and output ports of the SKY77354 are internally matched to a 50 Q load to reduce the number of external components. Extremely low leakage current (15 uA, typical) of the PAM module maximizes handset standby time.
The SKY77354 also contains switching circuitry to select GSM or DCS/PCS bands and select high or low power modes.
- High efficiency: GSMLB:
- 55% at high power
- 17% at low power GSMHB
- 53% at high power
- 22% at low power
- Small, low profile package:
- 5 x 3.5 mm xO.9 mm
- 14-pad configuration
Images & Diagrams
- Frequency (MHz)
- PAM for Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Typical Output Power (dbm) GSM/EDGE
- Typical PAE (%)
- Typical Gain (dB)
- Supply Voltage (V)
- MCM, 14-pad
- Package (mm)
- 5 x 3.5 x 0.9
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.