DME, DMF, DMJ Series: Silicon Beam-Lead Schottky Mixer Diodes—Singles, Pairs and Quads Bondable and Packaged ChipsSkyworks beam-lead silicon Schottky barrier mixer diodes are designed for applications through 40 GHz. The beam-lead design reduces the problem of bonding to the very small area characteristic of the low capacitance junctions.
Beam-lead Schottky barrier mixer diodes are made by the deposition of a suitable barrier metal on an epitaxial silicon substrate to form the junction. The process and choice of materials result in low series resistance with a narrow spread of capacitance values for close impedance control.
A variety of forward voltages are available, ranging from low values for low, or starved, local oscillator drive levels to high values for high drive, low distortion mixer applications. Beam-lead diodes are available in a wide range of packages. Capacitance ranges and series resistances are comparable with the packaged devices that are available through K-band. Unpackaged diodes are well suited for use in microwave integrated circuits. The packaged devices are designed to be inserted as hybrid elements in strip, transmission line applications. Beam-lead Schottky barrier diodes are categorized by universal mixer applications in four frequency ranges: S, X, Ku and Ka bands. They may also be used as modulators and high-speed switches.
Beam-lead diodes are suited for balanced mixers, due to their low parasitics and uniformity. A typical VF vs. IF curve is shown in Figure 1. Typical noise figures vs. LO drive is shown in Figure 2 for single N-type, low drive diode types.
DMF2182 Series includes DMF2182-223 and DMF2182-253.
- Data Sheets
- DME, DMF, DMJ Series: Silicon Beam-Lead Schottky Mixer Diodes V Singles, Pairs & Quads, Bondable & Packaged Chips
- Low 1/f noise
- Low intermodulation distortion
- Epoxy and hermetically sealed packages
- SPC controlled wafer fabrication
Images & Diagrams
- Frequency Band
- CJ 0 V, 1 MHz (pF)
- Max. RS IF = 5 mA (Ω)
- Min. VB @ 10 µA (V)
- VF @ 1 mA (mV)
- Drive Level
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.