695 to 866 MHz Variable Gain AmplifierThe SKY65388-11 is a high linearity, Variable Gain Amplifier (VGA) module. The device includes an input amplifier driver, a Variable Voltage Attenuator (VVA), and an output Power Amplifier (PA). The two amplifiers and voltage attenuator are optimized for superior ACLR performance with WCDMA signals.
The high linearity (high OP1dB, OIP3, and ACLR) and high efficiency of this device make it ideal for use at the final stage (or close to the final stage) of a WCDMA transmit chain.
The output of the first PA (PA1) is matched to the input of the VVA. The output of the VVA is matched to the input of the second PA (PA2). The RF_IN and RF_OUT signals (pins 1 and 8, respectively) are both internally matched, including DC blocking capacitors.
The SKY65388-11 VGA uses low-cost Surface Mount Technology (SMT) in the form of a compact, 8 x 8 mm 12-pin Multi-Chip Module (MCM), which allows for a highly manufacturable low-cost solution.
Please note: SKY65388-11 is being discontinued and is not recommended for new designs.
- Frequency range: 695 to 866 MHz
- High gain: >25 dB
- Attenuation range: > 30 dB
- OP1dB: >+26 dBm
- ACLR < –68 dBc for POUT = +8 dBm
- Single DC supply: +5 V
- Small MCM (12-pin, 8.385 x 8.385 mm) SMT package (MSL3, 260°C per JEDEC J-STD-020)
Images & Diagrams
- Operating Frequency (MHz)
- Attenuation Type
- Gain Control Range (dB)
- Gain Step Size (dB)
- Single Channel
- Gain (dB)
- Min. NF
- IP3 (dBm)
- P1 dB (dBm)
- Supply Voltage (V)
- MCM, 12-pin
- Package (mm)
- 8.385 x 8.385 x 1.35
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.