Posted: 9/20/2019; Effective 10/4/2019
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates ("Skyworks") value your privacy. This Policy describes how we collect, store, use, and share Personal Information (meaning information that relates to an identified or identifiable person, which is usually referred to as "personal data" in the European Union). At times you may choose to not provide certain Personal Information to us but doing so may limit your ability to use the applicable product or service. We collect Personal Information primarily to improve our services and provide you with an enhanced experience on our website.
1. What is the scope of this Policy?
This Policy applies to Personal Information that we might collect through our website, www.skyworksinc.com, including its subdomains. It does not apply to websites owned and operated by third parties, regardless of whether our website links to or has advertisements for them.
2. What types of information do we collect?
Below is a list of the categories of Personal Information we collect, as well as the means by which we collect them:
Information you provide. We may collect Personal Information about you when, for example, you register for e-mail alerts, request an investor kit, request a quarterly financial report, participate in a live webcast, create an account or edit its information, order a product or service, use our order status or shipment status services, use our product return services, submit an application or resume to us for employment or interact with any of our online recruiting partners, request product information and literature, provide feedback, or otherwise intentionally send us information (via telephone, written or electronic communications, and so forth). Such information might include your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, account number, payment or account information, product or service details, job title and business, and other identification and contact information.
Information we collect from our website. We may also collect certain information about you when you visit our website. If you access our website via a link from a different website, for example, we may collect the URL of that website. Similarly, if you access a different website via a link from our website, we may collect the URL of that website as well. We may additionally collect information about your operating system, your browser type, your IP address, the general area in which your server is located, and the type of the mobile device you use to access the website. We and our vendors further collect information concerning how you use our website, including when you visit it, how much time you spend viewing it, the parts that you visit, the search terms that you enter, transaction data, and other click-stream data. If you download materials from our website, we may also collect information about those files.
We do not currently respond to "Do Not Track" ("DNT") signals sent by web browsers because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed.
A cookie is a small data text file that a website stores on your hard drive (if your browser permits) that can help identify you when you return to the same website. The cookies track what parts of our website you visit so that we may improve the information and functionality of our website.
Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). We use Google Analytics to collect anonymized statistics in order to improve the website. You can learn about Google's practices by going to Google Analytics and privacy, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. We have taken the following measures to protect the data collected through Google Analytics:
- We have concluded a data processing agreement with Google about how Google may process the data collected through Google Analytics;
- We have configured Google Analytics settings to mask the last octet of user IP addresses;
- We have configured Google Analytics to not share data with third parties; and
- We do not use other Google services in conjunction with Google Analytics.
In addition to Google Analytics, we also use Sitecore analytics. By using Sitecore analytics, we can track user engagement and behavior and are able to provide the most relevant content and enhance the user experience. You may opt out by sending a request to email@example.com to remove your profile.
3. Why do we collect the information?
Our primary goal in collecting Personal Information is to provide our visitors with superior service and a customized online experience. We collect and process the information with consent and/or as necessary to provide the products or services you use, operate our business and website, and fulfill other legitimate interests. More specifically, the purposes for which we collect and use Personal Information include:
- Providing you with the information, subscriptions, products, and services you request;
- Allowing you to establish and maintain your account, confirm the details and statuses of your orders, and make returns;
- Administering our systems and improving our services, including by diagnosing problems with our servers and software and protecting the security of our systems and customers;
- Analyzing website visitor behavior to measure visitors' relative interest in the various parts of our website, enhance visitors' experiences, customize the content and layout of our website, and develop new products and services;
- Providing you with information and advertisements concerning our product or service offerings, as well as transactional or other communications, by email, online and mobile advertising, social media, and other channels, including personalizing advertisements across website and mobile applications or analyzing or measuring advertisements based on information associated with your device;
- Administering the careers portion of our website and processing your job application; and
- All other uses we otherwise describe in this Policy or elsewhere when we collect the information.
To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may combine Personal Information we collect from different sources to achieve these purposes.
4. With whom do we share your information?
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party vendors or service providers to provide you with products and services that you request, including e-mail alerts and investor kits, product information and literature, and webcasting of quarterly financial reports. We may also provide them with information when they work on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us. We may also provide information and aggregated statistics concerning our website visitors' traffic patterns and other website-related information to third parties. We may additionally share your Personal Information based on your consent.
To the extent these third parties qualify as so-called "processors" under the GDPR, we will enter into the required contracts with such third parties.
We may disclose Personal Information as required by law, to cooperate with an investigation, or to protect or exercise our or others' legal rights (including during court proceedings). We may also disclose Personal Information in cases of emergency, to protect others' safety, or to report to law enforcement and government agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also share Personal Information with our affiliates, our subsidiaries, or third parties in connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, or other similar transaction between us and another entity, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
We do not otherwise sell, trade, or lease your Personal Information to others.
5. What are the legal bases for the collection and processing?
6. What are your choices regarding Personal Information?
You may access and edit the Personal Information that you have provided to us. At any time, for example, you may change the Personal Information listed in your account online. Also, depending on where you live, you may also have the following rights described below concerning your Personal Information:
- To request access to your Personal Information (providing such access is usually free of charge, though we have the right to charge a reasonable fee in some circumstances);
- To request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Personal Information and erasure or removal of such information as applicable;
- To request information about the processing of your Personal Information and to object to, or obtain a restriction of, our processing of your Personal Information;
- To withdraw your consent to future processing, including of our marketing to you, including by email, by us or by vendors on behalf of us, as discussed below;
- To opt out of personalized advertising, as discussed below;
- To obtain a copy of your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format when our automated processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent or a contract we have with you;
- To request that your Personal Information be transferred to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically;
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, though we encourage you to first contact us to address any questions or concerns you may have; and
- To object to any automatic decision-making based upon your personal data and have such decisions made by a person.
To the extent our processing is based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you. If you object to direct marketing activities that are based on legitimate interests, we will no longer process these data for this purpose.
Please note that these rights are not absolute and, among other things, are limited by applicable law. To exercise the above-listed rights or any other rights you may have under applicable laws, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on your consent, we may from time to time send you e-mail or other communications regarding current promotions, specials, and new additions to our website. You may "opt out" or unsubscribe from our newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such e-mail you receive from us. After doing so, you will not receive future marketing communications or mailings unless you "opt in" again or register for a new account. Note that we may still send you non-marketing emails related to your account or transactions. We may also send you news alert emails if you choose to request them, unless you separately unsubscribe from those alerts. You may also opt out of all non-transactional emails by sending a request to email@example.com.
We may use third-party services to provide you with personalized advertising. This may include using cookies or pixels (as described above) to show you advertisements based on information about your interests or based on your previous web browsing history. To opt out of the personalization of advertisements, you can visit Google's Ads Settings, optout.networkadvertising.org, or http://optout.aboutads.info, or http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. Opting out does not mean you will block online advertising altogether or see fewer ads. It simply means that the advertising that you see will not be personalized for you. Future advertising may be served based on the website you are visiting or your current search, or it may be randomly placed.
7. How is your information secured?
We employ industry-recognized information technology to protect the security of your Personal Information. Our secure servers protect this information using password protection and encryption, and we use firewall technology for additional protection. Furthermore, all of the Personal Information we collect that is stored on a server is also protected against unauthorized access by physical security means.
Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information we collect.
8. How long is your Personal Information retained?
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and will delete it within a reasonable time afterward. We will, however, retain and use Personal Information as needed to resolve any disputes, enforce our agreements, and satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
9. Where is Personal Information stored and transferred?
Subject to your permission or as permitted by law, we may transfer your Personal Information within Skyworks across state and country borders. Wherever we store or process personal data pursuant to this Policy, we take measures to ensure that the data is processed in compliance with both this Policy and applicable law.
If we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area to other countries, including countries that have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection, we use appropriate safeguards and legal mechanisms to effectuate the transfer. Transfers to other countries outside the European Economic Area will usually be based on the so-called Standard Contractual Clauses ("SCC"). Depending on whether the recipient outside the EEA is acting as a so-called "controller" or "processor," the respective set of SCCs will be used. The text of the SCCs is available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en. We may also base transfers to recipients outside the EEA on the derogations listed in Article 49 of the GDPR. These include explicit consent, the necessity of the transfer for the performance of a contract between the respective individual and us, or if the transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
10. What about children's privacy?
We neither intentionally nor knowingly collect Personal Information concerning children as defined by applicable law. Our website is not directed to children. We request that children do not provide us any such information. If you believe we may have collected such information, please notify us and we will take prompt and appropriate measures to investigate and resolve the issue.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with specific rights regarding your personal information, including the right to request that Skyworks disclose certain information to you about its collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months and the right to request that Skyworks delete any of your personal information that Skyworks has collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (844) 946-0017, or write us at:
Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
20 Sylvan Road
Woburn, MA 01801, U.S.A.
You also have the right not to be discriminated against if you exercise any of your rights under California privacy law.
Skyworks may have collected the following categories of personal information of California residents in the past 12 months:
- Identifiers such as a real name, mailing address, telephone number, Internet Protocol address, email address, or account number;
- Personal information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement; and
- Professional or employment-related information, including job title or business affiliation.
12. How can you contact us?
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy or our privacy practices, or if you would like to contact our Data Protection Contact, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Controller. For purposes of this Policy, the data controller is Skyworks Solutions, Inc., headquartered at 20 Sylvan Road, Woburn, MA 01801, U.S.A.
We will post changes to this Policy on our website from time to time. We will alert you of changes by indicating in this Policy the date it was last updated. If we change the Policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate advance online notice to you and/or obtain your express consent as required by law. When you visit our website or use our services, the current version of this Policy will apply.