SkyHi™ Power Amplifier Module for WCDMA/ HSDPA/ HSUPA/ HSPA+/ LTE – Band VIII (880–915 MHz)The SKY77768 Power Amplifier Module (PAM) is a fully matched 10-pad surface mount module developed for Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) applications. This small and efficient module packs full 880-915 MHz bandwidth coverage into a single compact package. Because of high efficiencies attained throughout the entire power range, the SKY77768 delivers unsurpassed talk-time advantages. The SKY77768 meets the stringent spectral linearity requirements of High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA), and Long Term Evolution (LTE) data transmission with high power added efficiency. An integrated directional coupler eliminates the need for any external coupler.
The Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) Microwave Monolithic Integrated Circuit (MMIC) contains all amplifier active circuitry, including input and interstage matching circuits. The silicon CMOS support die, providing precision biasing for the MMIC affords a true CMOS-compatible control interface. Output match into a 50-ohm load, realized off-chip within the module package, optimizes efficiency and power performance.
The SKY77768 is manufactured with Skyworks' InGaP GaAs Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor (HBT) process which provides for all positive voltage DC supply operation and maintains high efficiency and good linearity. While primary bias to the SKY77768 can be supplied directly from any suitable battery with an output of 3.2 V to 4.2 V, optimal performance is obtained with VCC2 sourced from a DC-DC power supply adjusted within 0.5 V to 3.4 V based on target output power levels. Power down executes by setting VENABLE to zero volts. No external supply side switch is needed as typical "off" leakage is a few microamperes with full primary voltage supplied from the battery.
- Low voltage positive bias supply 3.2 V to 4.2 V
- Good linearity
- High efficiency: 50% at 28.5 dBm
- Large dynamic range
- Small, low profile package: 3 mm x 3 mm x 0.9 mm, 10-pad configuration
- Power down control
- Supports low collector voltage operation
- Digital Enable
- No VREF required
- CMOS compatible control signals
- Integrated Directional Coupler
Images & Diagrams
- Frequency (MHz)
- PAM for WCDMA / HSDPA / HSUPA / HSPA+ / LTE
- Typical PAE (%)
- Typical Linear LTE Power
- Typical Linear LTE Power
- Typical Imax (mA)
- Typical Gain (dB)
- Supply Voltage (V)
- MCM, 10-pad
- Package (mm)
- 3 x 3 x 0.9
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.