Sky5® Low Band Tx-Rx Front-End Module for 3G/4G/5G Applications with Low Band / High Band 2GThe SKY58081-11 Multimode Multiband Tx-Rx Front- End Module (FEM) supports 2G/3G/4G/5G mobile devices and operates efficiently in 3G/4G/5G modes. The SKY58081-11 is part of our Sky5® product portfolio. The FEM consists of a low-band 3G/4G/5G PA block, low band and high-band 2G PA blocks, a silicon controller containing the MIPI RFFE interface, RF band switches, antenna switches, a bi-directional coupler, integrated filters for Bands 8, 12, 20 and 26 and low noise amplifier (LNA). Extremely low leakage current maximizes device standby time.
The IC die and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate. The assembly is encapsulated in a 7.6 mm x 6.0 mm x 0.7 mm, 56-pad MCM, SMT plastic package which allows a highly manufacturable, low cost solution.
The SKY58081-11 FEM is optimized for LTE Advanced which utilizes Carrier Aggregation for higher data rates. The combined filtering, RF matching and TRx switching internal to the FEM optimizes performance for popular Downlink (DL) CA band combinations in a compact and low cost solution. The FEM contains the necessary components between the antenna and RFIC transceiver and is optimized to provide superior Rx sensitivity and Tx efficiency.
Selecting the linear-GMSK operation standard disables VRAMP input, so all PA biasing depends only on MIPI mode selection. The transmitted envelope is then a linear function of RF input.
Selecting VRAMP-enabled operation, the PA controller provides VRAMP control of the GMSK envelope and reduces sensitivity to input drive, temperature, power supply, and process variations. A Collector Voltage Amplitude Controller (COVAC) minimizes output power variation into mismatch.
In EDGE linear mode, VRAMP voltage and MIPI-based bias settings jointly optimize PA linearity and efficiency.
Exceptional RF coexistence planning and system techniques are employed to minimize Rx de-sensitizing ("de-sense").
The SKY58081-11 is part of Skyworks’ Sky5® portfolio of revolutionary products for 5G applications.
- MIPI® RFFE 3.0 control interface w/ 1.8 V nominal supply
- Integrated switched duplexer filters for Bands 8, 12, 20 and 26
- Integrated Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA)
- Four auxiliary 3G/4G/5G Tx outputs for external filters
- Four auxiliary 3G/4G/5G TRx ports to support additional bands
- Tx filtering for harmonically-related LB-MB downlink CA
- Integrated low band and high band 2G PAs
- High band 2G works with companion MB/HB modules
- Integrated bi-directional RF coupler with cascade support
- Small, low profile package: 7.6 mm x 6.0 mm x 0.7 mm, 56-pad configuration
- 3G Features
- • WCDMA, HSPA+
- • CDMA2000 1x RC1, RC3, EVDO (Rev A)
- 4G Features
- • FDD LTE
- • Uplink QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM
- • Critical L+M, L+H Downlink CA Support
- 5G Features
- • n5, n8, n12, n20, n28, n71
Images & Diagrams
- Sky5® Low Band Tx-Rx Front-End Module for 3G/4G/5G Applications with Low Band / High Band 2G
- MCM, 56-pad
- Package (mm)
- 7.6 x 6.0 x 0.7
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.