Power Management IC for the SkyBlue™ SystemThe SKY87021-11 is a high-efficiency RF front-end power management IC for APT RF power amplifier (PA) applications in portable battery powered devices. This IC includes a high-efficiency DC-DC voltage converter capable of delivering 450 mA at 11 V with a 4.5 V reference supply to provide a user-programmable RF PA APT supply for a 2.5 V to 5.5 V input range.
The SKY87021-11 also provides an additional 4.5 V bias supply for RF PA operation. This bias voltage output can supply load currents up to 3 mA and is available whenever the device is enabled. When the device is disabled, the 4.5 V bias supply is shut down. This device has over-voltage, over-current, shorted circuit, and thermal shutdown protection to protect the device and system under adverse operating conditions.
The SKY87021-11 is capable of supporting HPUE front-end modules and is controlled with a MIPI RFFE 2.0 compliant interface with 8-bit output voltage programming resolution.
The SKY87021-11 is available in a 16-pin, 1.991 mm x 1.991 mm Chip Scale Package (CSP).
- Input voltage range: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- High voltage boost supply:
- Output voltage range from Bypass to 11V
- Output current up to 450mA
- High efficiency: 90% typical (VIN=3.8 V, VOUT=9.5 V, ILOAD>110 mA)
- Fast voltage transition response 570 mV/μs
- Optimized for small external components
- For HPUE application, 1.5 μH inductor, 2x1.0 μF output capacitor
- For non-HPUE application: 1.5 μH/2.2 μH, 1.0 μF output capacitor
- High 2.25 MHz switching frequency
- Shutdown load disconnect
- Fast load transient response, less than 20 μs
- Over temperature, over voltage and short circuit protection
- Low voltage ÷2 step-down function: Output current up to 30 mA
- 4.5 V, 3 mA PA bias supply output
- MIPI RFFE interface for setup and control: 8-bit output voltage programming resolution
- Small footprint CSP (16-ball, 1.991 mm x 1.991 mm) package (MSL1, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020)
Images & Diagrams
- Min. VIN (V)
- Max. VIN (V)
- Min. VOUT (V)
- Max. VOUT (V)
- IOUT (mA)
- fOSC (kHz)
- Typ. IQ (μA)
- CSP, 16-ball
- Package (mm)
- 1.991 x 1.991 x 0.695
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.