SkyLiTE™ Power Amplifier Module for FDD LTE Bands 7 and 30, TDD LTE Bands 38/41 and 40, and AXGP BandSkyLiTE™ is Skyworks’ newest family of LTE devices which consists of highly integrated modules incorporating the amplification, switching, WiFi filtering and coupler functions required to support all major FDD/TDD bands. With the addition of external duplexers, this product family provides OEMs with a scalable and reconfigurable front-end system suitable for markets worldwide.
SKY77824-11 SkyLiTE™ Power Amplifier Module (PAM) is a fully matched, 28-pad surface mount (SMT) module developed for LTE applications. The module includes broadband coverage of FDD LTE Bands 7 and 30, TDD LTE Bands 38/40, and Band 41 in a compact 4.0 x 3.65 mm package and is fully programmable through a Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI®). Attaining high efficiencies throughout the entire power range while meeting the stringent linearity requirements of LTE, the SKY77824-11 delivers unsurpassed savings in current consumption for data-intensive applications.
The Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) Microwave Monolithic Integrated Circuit (MMIC) contains all amplifier active circuitry, including input, interstage, and output matching circuits. Output match into a 50-ohm load is realized off-chip within the module package to optimize efficiency and power performance. A Silicon-on-insulator (SOI) switch follows the wideband power amplifier to direct the RF output signal to either a band 7 duplexer or one of three TDD filters supporting bands 38, 40, and 41. Additional throws in the SOI switch allow the reuse of TDD filters in Rx mode by providing paths to either the band 40 Rx port (T/R1) or a shared band 38/41/7 Rx port (T/R2). Bias for the PA MMIC and switch is generated on a CMOS IC controlled through a MIPI RFFE interface.
The SKY77824-11 SkyLiTE™ is manufactured with Skyworks' InGaP GaAs Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor (HBT) process which provides for all positive voltage DC supply operation and maintains high efficiency and good linearity. Optimal performance is obtained with VCC1 and VCC2 sourced from a DC-DC power supply based on target output power. No external supply side switch is required as typical "off" leakage is a few microamperes.
- Optimized for Average Power Tracking (APT)
- High efficiency Broadband 2.3 GHz to 2.69 GHz
- MIPI® RFFE interface
- Integrated output switch including TDD Tx/Rx function for single SAW architecture
- RF I/O internally matched to 50 ohms
- Small, low profile package: 4.0 x 3.65 x 0.8 mm Max, 28-pad configuration
Images & Diagrams
- Frequency (MHz)
- SkyLiTE™ PAM for LTE FDD Band 7, Band 30, LTE TDD BandS 38/41 , Band 40, and AXGP Band
- Typical PAE (%)
- Typical Linear LTE Power
- Typical Linear LTE Power
- Typical Imax (mA)
- Typical Gain (dB)
- Supply Voltage (V)
- MCM, 28-pad
- Package (mm)
- 4.0 x 3.65 x 0.8 Max.
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.