Silicon Limiter Diodes, Packaged and Bondable ChipsSkyworks CLA series of silicon limiter diodes provides passive receiver protection over a wide range of frequencies from 100 MHz to over 30 GHz. These devices use Skyworks wellestablished silicon technology resulting in high resistivity and tightly controlled base width PIN limiter diodes. Limiter circuits using these devices perform with strong limiting action and low loss.
The CLA series consists of nine individual chip designs of different intrinsic region base widths and capacitances designed to accommodate multi-stage limiter applications. The mesaconstructed, thin base width, low capacitance CLA4601-000, CLA4602-000, CLA4604-000, and CLA4605-000 are designed for low-level and cleanup applications. The CLA4603-000 and CLA4606-000 through CLA4608-000 are planar designs designated for high-power and mid-range applications.
The CLA4609-000 thick base width mesa diode is designed for coarse limiter-stage applications.
- Established Skyworks limiter diode process
- High power, mid-range, and cleanup designs
- Low insertion loss: 0.1 dB @ 10 GHz
- Peak power handling to +74 dBm
- Ultra low spike leakage power
- Tight control of I layer base width
- Mesa and planar chip designs
Images & Diagrams
- VB IR = 10 µA (V) Min to Max
- Typ. CJ @ 0 V
- Typ. CJ @ 0 V
- Nominal I-region (µm)
- Max. CJ @ 6 V (pF)
- 0.50 @ 50 V
- Typ. TL @ 10 mA (ns)
- Max. RS @ 10 mA (Ω)
- _Thermal Impedance_ Typical (°C/W)
- _Thermal Impedance_ Typ. 1 µs Pulse 0.01% Duty Cycle (°C/W) Typical
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Supporting Design Information
- Explore ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.