SkyLiTE™ Tx-Rx Front-End Module for Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE w/ 14 Linear TRx Switch Ports, Dual-Band TD-SCDMA, and TDD LTE Band 39SkyLiTE™ is Skyworks’ newest family of LTE devices which consists of highly integrated modules incorporating the amplification, switching, WiFi filtering and coupler functions required to support all major FDD/TDD bands. With the addition of external duplexers, this product family provides OEMs with a scalable and reconfigurable front-end system suitable for markets worldwide.
SKY77916-11 SkyLiTE™ is a key building block for global or five-mode front-end implementation. As a Transmit / Receive Front-End Module (FEM), the SKY77916-11 SkyLiTE™ supports 3G / 4G handsets and operates efficiently in WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, and LTE modes. The module is fully programmable through a Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI®).
By design, this Tx-Rx Front End Module offers a complete transmit VCO-to-Antenna and Antenna-to-receive SAW filter solution for advanced cellular handsets comprising quad-band GSM and linear 2.5G operation. Developed in a compact form factor, it features a very low profile of 0.8 mm (Max.). The SKY77916-11 supports Class 12 General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) and EDGE multi-slot operation, and TD-SCDMA and TDD LTE linear transmission. Fourteen transmit / receive (TRx) ports and an integrated directional coupler enables broadband 3G/4G RF switch-through.
The module consists of a CMOS Power Amplifier (PA) Controller, a low band (LB) PA block to support GSM850/900 bands and a high band (HB) PA block to support DCS1800/PCS1900, TD-SCDMA bands 34/39, and TDD LTE band 39. Also included are RF ports internally matched to 50 ohm impedance loads, Tx harmonic filtering, RF switching, and a directional coupler at the antenna output. The custom low-current PA controller includes the Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI®) and decoder circuitry to control the RF switch.
All RF ports are internally matched to 50 ohm impedance to minimize external components on the phone board. The GaAs fabricated Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor (HBT) PA blocks share common power supply pads to distribute current. Extremely low leakage current of the SKY77916-11 maximizes handset standby time. Fourteen TRx pads and the PA outputs connect to the antenna through a high-linearity, low-loss switch. The TRx ports feature a 0 volts DC offset level that eliminates external blocking capacitors. An integrated directional coupler precludes any external coupler requirements.
The GaAs die and the switch die, the CMOS controller, and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate with the entire assembly encapsulated with plastic overmold.
- Small, low profile package: 5.5 mm x 5.3 mm x 0.8 mm Max, 38-pad configuration
- Fully programmable MIPI® RFFE control
- Fourteen low-insertion-loss TRx ports (five ultra-low loss) with enhanced linearity, for state-of-the-art 4G performance and GPS / WiFi compatibility
- Integrated noise suppression notch filter for WiFi coexistence
- Built-in IEC-compliant antenna ESD protection
- Integrated broadband directional coupler
- High Efficiency (inclusive of coupler): 40% GSM850 36% DCS1800, 40% GSM900 36% PCS1900
- Wide GMSK input power range: –1 dBm to 6 dBm
- Tx-VCO-to-antenna and antenna-to-Rx-SAW filter RF interface
- Tx harmonics below –40 dBm
- Current limiting and over-voltage protection for ruggedness and extended battery life
- Input/Output ports internally matched to 50 load
- High impedance control inputs: 20 μA, maximum
- Power control circuitry built-in for improved TRP variation
Images & Diagrams
- QUAD-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE
W/ 14 Linear TRX Switch Ports,
and TDD LTE Band 39
- Frequency (MHz)
- SkyLiTE™ LTE Tx/Rx Front-end Module
- MCM, 38-pad
- Package (mm)
- 5.5 x 5.3 x 0.8
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.