SkyOne® Ultra Front-End Module for WCDMA / LTE Bands 26, 8, 12, 20, 13, and GSM/EDGE 850/900 MHzThe SKY78041 SkyOne® Ultra is a hybrid, multimode multiband (MMMB) Front-End Module (FEM) that supports 2.5G, 3G/4G, and CDMA handsets and operates efficiently in GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, HSPA, and LTE modes. The FEM consists of a GSM800/EGSM900 PA block, separate WCDMA blocks operating in the low bands, a logic control block for multiple power control levels, and band enable functions in both cellular and UMTS. RF I/O ports internally matched to 50 ohms minimize the need for external components. Extremely low leakage current maximizes handset standby time. The InGaP/GaAs die and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate and the assembly encapsulated in plastic overmold.
GSM / EDGE: The SKY78041 with new compact architecture supports the GSM850 and EGSM900 bands, as well as Class 12 General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) multi-slot operation and EDGE linear modulation.
WCDMA: The SKY78041 enhanced architecture supports WCDMA/High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) and High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) modulations, covers multiple bands for 3GPP including bands 8 and 26, and operates at different power modes. The module is fully controllable via a MIPI serial interface.
LTE: The SKY78041 meets spectral linearity requirements of LTE modulation with QPSK/16QAM up to 20 MHz bandwidth, including various resource block allocations, with good power-added efficiency.
CDMA: The SKY78041 meets spectral linearity requirements of CDMA2000 and EVDO Release A modulation with good power-added efficiency.
Receiver Section: The SKY78041’s integrated Duplexers, RX SAW, and SP8T switch support simultaneous Downlink Carrier Aggregation for additional Rx data rate and provide 2G/3G/4G Rx paths from antenna to LNA port of RFIC. Carrier Aggregation (CA) requirements for noise and harmonics are designed-in for best de-sense performance. Additionally, GPS and LB/HB WiFi coexistence are designed-in for exceptional support to maintain all radio performance, even in user scenarios of simultaneous use. Optimized low insertion-loss Rx paths, matching circuits, and well-grounded guard traces (high Tx–Rx isolation) inside module mitigate de-sense problems and enhance sensitivity performance.
TRx and Rx Ports: The SKY78041 provides two TRx ports.
Please note: SKY78041-15 and SKY78041-51 are being discontinued and are not recommended for new designs.
- Fully integrated LB/VLB multiband module
- Envelope Tracking (ET) for WCDMA/FDD LTE bands
- CDMA compatible
- Dual-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900 MHz
- Fully programmable Mobile Industry Processor Interface digital control
- MIPI/RFFE interface
- Closed loop architecture with the Implemented coupler output port
- Fully configurable RF inputs
- Support B13 Transmit Output port
- Support B29 receiver port
- Small, low profile package: 7.5 x 6.0 x 0.9 mm, 48-pad configuration
Images & Diagrams
- SkyOne® Ultra Front-End Module for
WCDMA / LTE Bands 26, 8, 12, 20, 13,
GSM/EDGE 850/900 MHz
- Frequency (MHz)
- MCM, 48-pad
- Package (mm)
- 7.5 x 6.0 x 0.9
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.