SkyOne® Ultra 2.0 Front-End Module for WCDMA / LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 34, 39The SKY78114, SkyOne® Ultra 2.0 is a multimode multiband (MMMB) Front-End Module (FEM) that supports 3G/4G, and CDMA handsets and operates efficiently in CDMA, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, HSPA, and LTE modes. The FEM consists of a WCDMA blocks operating in the middle bands, a logic control block for multiple power control levels, and band enable functions in both cellular and UMTS. RF I/O ports internally matched to 50 ohms, minimize the need for external components. Extremely low leakage current maximizes handset standby time. The InGaP/GaAs die and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate and the assembly encapsulated in plastic overmold.
WCDMA: The SKY78114 enhanced architecture supports WCDMA/High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) and High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) modulations, covers multiple bands for 3GPP including bands 1, 2, 3, and 4, and operates at different power modes. The module is fully controllable via a MIPI® serial interface.
LTE: The SKY78114 meets spectral linearity requirements of LTE modulation with QPSK/16QAM up to 20 MHz bandwidth, including various resource block allocations, with good power-added efficiency.
CDMA: The SKY78114 meets spectral linearity requirements of CDMA2000 and EVDO Release A modulation with good power-added efficiency.
TD-SCDMA: The SKY78114 meets spectral linearity requirements of TD-SCDMA modulation dedicated transmit output port.
Receiver Section: The SKY78114 includes integrated Duplexers, RX SAWs, and a SP10T switch which supports simultaneous Downlink Carrier Aggregation for additional Rx data rate and provides 3G/4G Rx paths from antenna to LNA port of RFIC. Carrier Aggregation (CA) requirements for noise and harmonics are designed-in for best desense performance. Additionally, GPS and LB/HB WiFi coexistence are designed-in for exceptional support to maintain all radio performance including user scenarios of simultaneous use. Optimized low insertion-loss Rx paths, matching circuits and well-grounded guard traces (high Tx–Rx isolation) inside the module mitigate desense problems and enhance sensitivity performance. With an integrated RX consolidated switch, it is feasible to match different RX port mapping on different platforms.
TRx and Rx Ports: The SKY78114 provides three TRx ports.
Please note: SKY78114-12, SKY78114-13, SKY78114-14 and SKY78114-14A are being discontinued and are not recommended for new designs.
Please note: SKY78114-14X is being discontinued and is not recommended for new designs. The suggested replacement is SKY78131-21..
- Fully integrated MB multiband module
- Optimized for average power tracking system
- CDMA compatible
- Fully programmable Mobile Industry Processor Interface digital control
- Integrated duplexers for bands 1, 2, 3, 4
- MIPI/RFFFE interface
- Closed loop architecture with the Implemented coupler input/output port
- Integrated Rx switch
- Integrated two SPDT switches to support MB/HB carrier aggregation for single antenna architecture
- External Tx Input switch control
- Support B34/B39 Transmit Output port
- Small, low profile package: 7 mm x 4.7 mm x 0.8 mm, 44-pad configuration
Images & Diagrams
- SkyOne® Ultra 2.0 Front-End Module for FDD/TDD LTE
Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 34, 39
- Frequency (MHz)
- MCM, 44-pad
- Package (mm)
- 7 x 4.7 x 0.8
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.