5 GHz WLAN Front-end ModuleThe SKY85712-21 is a highly-integrated, 5 GHz Front-End Module (FEM) incorporating a 5 GHz Single-Pole, Double-Throw (SPDT) transmit/receive (T/R) switch, a 5 GHz Low-Noise Amplifier (LNA) with bypass, and a 5 GHz Power Amplifier (PA) intended for mobile/portable 802.11ac applications and systems.
The LNA and PA disable functions ensure low leakage current in off mode. An integrated power detector is included to provide closed-loop power control within the system.
The device is provided in a compact, 16-pin 3 x 3 mm Quad Flat No-Lead (QFN) package.
- Integrated high-performance 5 GHz PA, LNA with bypass, and T/R switch
- Fully-matched input and output
- Integrated power detector and directional coupler
- Transmit gain: 27 dB
- Receive gain: 12 dB
- Output power: +19 dBm @ 1.8% EVM, HT80, MCS9, 5 V/4.2 V
- Output power: +20 dBm @ 3% EVM, HT40, MCS7, 5 V/4.2 V
- Small, QFN (16-pin, 3 x 3 mm) package (MSL3, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020
Images & Diagrams
- Frequency (GHz) Min.
- Frequency (GHz) Max.
- Typ. Current @ VDD = 3.3 V 17.5dBm (mA)
- Typ. Current @ VDD = 3.6 V 17.5dBm (mA)
- Typ. Current @ VCC = 3.6 V (mA)
- Typ. POUT @ 3.0% EVM (dBm)
- 20 (3% EVM)
- Typ. Current @ VCC = 5 V (mA)
- 275 (11ac,19dBm)
- 802.11 WLAN Standard
- Antenna Ports
- 5 GHz WLAN Front-End Module
- Typ. POUT @ 2.5% EVM (dBm)
- 17 (@ 1.8% EVM)
- Typ. Current @ VCC = 3.3 V (mA)
- Typ. Tx Gain (dB)
- Typ. POUT (dBm)
- VDD (V)
- VCC (V)
- QFN, 16-pin
- Package (mm)
- 3.0 x 3.0 x 0.55
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Supporting Design Information
- Explore ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.