Radiation Tolerant, Phototransistor Hermetic Surface Mount OptocouplerThe OLS049 is specifically designed for high-reliability applications that require optical isolation in radiation environments such as gamma, neutron, and proton radiation with a high current transfer ratio (CTR) and low saturation VCE. Each optocoupler consists of an LED and N-P-N silicon phototransistor that is electrically isolated, but optically coupled inside a hermetic, 4-pin leadless chip carrier (LCC) package.
Electrical parameters are similar to the JEDEC registered 4N49U optocoupler, but with better CTR degradation characteristics due to radiation exposure. The OLS049 has 100 percent high reliability screened parts available.
The device mounting for the OLS049 is achieved with reflow soldering or conductive epoxies.
- Miniature hermetic surface mount package
- Radiation tolerant
- High CTR guaranteed over –55 °C to +125 °C ambient temperature range
- 1000 VDC electrical isolation
- High reliability screening is available
Images & Diagrams
- CTR @ IF = 1 mA
- CTR Min.
- CTR Max.
- BVCEO (V)
- Vcc Max. (V)
- Switching Time (μs)
- Isolation @ VDC 1 Sec.
- Package Photo
- Package Info
- 4-Lead Hermetic Ceramic LCC
- Radiation Tolerant
- No Base Connection
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Supporting Design Information
- Explore ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.