3.5 A Constant On-Time, Step-Down DC-DC ConverterThe SKY87203 is a variable switching frequency, 3.5 A constant on-time, synchronous step-down converter. The device provides an output voltage from 0.9 V to 4.0 V from input voltage ranging from 2.7 V to 6.0 V, while keeping excellent line and load regulation and maximizing efficiency.
The constant on-time control allows easy loop stabilization with minimal external components while providing fast transient response.
Power sequencing is controlled by the EN and PG pins.
The SKY87203 has cycle-by-cycle current limits and thermal shutdown to protect against fault conditions. The SKY87203 is available in a 12-pin, 2 mm x 2 mm Quad Flat No-Lead (QFN) package.
Please note: SKY87203-11-631LF is being discontinued and is not recommended for new designs.
- Input voltage range: 2.7 V to 6.0 V
- Output voltage range: 0.9 V to 4.0 V
- Variable switching frequency: 600 kHz to 1.5 MHz
- Up to 3.5 A continuous output current
- 95% peak efficiency
- Typical switch on resistance: 50 mΩ PMOS, 40 mΩ NMOS
- 80% light load efficiency
- Power sequencing
- Cycle-by-cycle over-current protection
- Auto-discharge at power-off
- Over-temperature protection
- Control loop stabilization with low ESR ceramic capacitors
- Soft start
- Low profile, QFN (12-pin, 2 mm x 2 mm) package (MSL1, 260ºC per JEDEC J-STD-020)
Images & Diagrams
- Min. VIN (V)
- Max. VIN (V)
- Min. VOUT (V)
- Max. VOUT (V)
- IOUT (mA)
- fOSC (kHz)
- Typ. IQ (μA)
- QFN, 12L
- Package (mm)
- 2.0 x 2.0 x 0.85
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.