2.4 GHz Transmit/Receive Front-end Module
Skyworks SKY65337 is a high-efficiency, front-end module (FEM) for ZigBee and other 2.4 GHz ISM band applications. The small, 8 x 8 millimeter multi-chip module (MCM) contains a 2400-2500 MHz high-efficiency transmit path and a low-loss bidirectional path. The bidirectional path can be used to directly connect the antenna port to a directional RF port.
The SKY65337 footprint is comparable to the SKY65336, with the LNA removed for applications which require lower cost. The Tx path delivers +20.1 dBm of high efficiency output power, while balanced input and outputs ports have been provided to connect to Silicon Labs’ Ember EM250 and EM260 ZigBee™ transceivers.
About the EM250 & EM260
The Ember EM250 system-on-chip (SoC) along with the EmberZNet PRO networking stack is the industry's only true SoC platform supporting the ZigBee PRO Feature Set. The EM250 integrates an IEEE 802.15.4 radio, a 16-bit microprocessor, flash, random access memory (RAM) and peripherals delivering excellent performance at a low system cost.
The Ember EM260 is the industry's first ZigBee network co-processor that combines a 2.4 gigahertz (GHz) IEEE 802.15.4 compliant radio transceiver with a flash-based microprocessor running the EmberZNet PRO ZigBee stack. The EM260 delivers unparalleled flexibility allowing developers to easily add ZigBee networking to their preferred application microprocessor via a fast SPI/UART interface.
The EM250 and EM260 chips are tightly integrated with EmberZNet PRO - The Ember "ZigBee Golden Unit" platform - and are optimized for designs requiring long battery life, low external component count, and a reliable, proven, industry-standard networking solution. Innovative on-chip debugging combined with Ember InSight tools provide developers with the most advanced views into their application and network available in the industry.
For more information regarding the EM250 and EM260 please visit: www.silabs.com.
- Application Notes
- Extending 2.4 GHz ZigBee® Short-Range Radio Performance with Skyworks SKY65336/SKY65337 Front-End Modules
- 2.4 GHz ISM band radios
- ZigBee® FEMs
- IEEE 802.15.4 applications
- Transmit output power > +20 dBm
- Bidirectional path NF < 2 dB
- High efficiency PA
- Programmable transmit power levels
- Configurable transmit/bidirectional paths
- Internal switching and control circuits
- Internal RF match and bias circuits
- Single DC supply = 3.0 V
- Interfaces seamlessly with Ember EM250 and EM260 ZigBee transceivers
- All RF ports are internally DC blocked
- Small footprint, MCM (28-pin, 8 x 8 mm) SMT package (MSL3, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020)
Images & Diagrams
- RF Frequency (MHz)
- Rx Insertion Loss (dB) Typ.
- Rx Gain (dB) Typ.
- Tx Gain (dB)
- Rx NF (dB) Typ.
- Saturated Output Power (dBm) Typ.
- Supply Voltage (V)
- MCM, 28-pin
- Package (mm)
- 8 x 8 x 1.3
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.