Dual-Band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN Front-end ModuleThe SKY85803 is a complete 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN RF Front-End Module (FEM) that provides all the functionality of the Power Amplifiers (PAs), filtering, power detector, transmit/receive (T/R) switch, diplexers, and associated matching.
The device provides a complete 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz WLAN RF solution from the output of the transceiver to the antenna in an ultra-compact form factor. The SKY85803 delivers < 2% EVM at rated AC power, which meets the stringent linearity conditions of the 802.11ac standard.
Designed for ease of use, all RF ports are matched to 50 Ω to simplify PCB layout and the interface to the transceiver. The device also includes a transmitter power detector with 20 dB of dynamic range for each transmit chain. Each PA has a separate digital enable control for transmitter on/off control. The power ramp rise/fall time is < 0.4 μs.
The SKY85803 also provides a notch filter from 3.260 to 3.267 GHz and 3.28 to 3.89 GHz before the input of each 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz PA, respectively.
The SKY85803 is manufactured in a compact, 4 x 4 mm, 24-pin Land Grid Array (LGA) package.
- All RF ports matched to 50 Ω
- Integrated 2.4 GHz PA, 5 GHz PA, transmit filter, transmit/receive switches, and diplexers
- Integrated power detector for each transmit chain
+21 dBm, 802.11b, 11 Mbps, ACPR = +35 dBc
+18 dBm @ 3.0% EVM, 802.11n, 64 QAM, 2G
+16 dBm @ 3.0% EVM, 802.11n, 64 QAM, 5G
+16 dBm @ 1.8% EVM, 802.11ac, 256 QAM, 2G
+13 dBm @ 1.8% EVM, 802.11ac, 256 QAM, 5G
Single supply voltage: 3.3 V ± 10%
- Small LGA (24-pin, 4 x 4 mm) package (MSL3, 250 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020)
Images & Diagrams
- Frequency (GHz) Min.
- Frequency (GHz) Max.
- 802.11 WLAN Standard
- Antenna Ports
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN Front-End
- Typ. POUT @ 2.5% EVM (dBm)
- Typ. Current @ VCC = 3.3 V (mA)
- Typ. POUT @ 3.0% EVM (dBm)
- Typ. Tx Gain (dB)
- VCC (V)
- LGA, 24-pin
- Package (mm)
- 4 x 4 x 1.0
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.