SKY78131 SkyOne® Ultra 3.0 Front-End Module for WCDMA / LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 25, 34, 39The SKY78131 SkyOne® Ultra 3.0 is a multimode multiband (MMMB) Front-End Module (FEM) that supports 3G/4G, and CDMA handsets and operates efficiently in CDMA, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, HSPA, and LTE modes. The FEM consists of a WCDMA blocks operating in the middle bands, a logic control block for multiple power control levels, and band enable functions in both cellular and UMTS. RF I/O ports internally matched to 50 ohms, minimize the need for external components. Extremely low leakage current maximizes handset standby time. The InGaP/GaAs die and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate and the assembly encapsulated in plastic overmold.
WCDMA: The SKY78131 enhanced architecture supports WCDMA/High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) and High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) modulations, covers multiple bands for 3GPP including bands 1, 2, 4 and operates at different power modes. The module is fully controllable via a MIPI serial interface.
LTE: The SKY78131 meets spectral linearity requirements of LTE modulation with QPSK/16QAM up to 20 MHz bandwidth, including various resource block allocations, with excellent power-added efficiency.
CDMA: The SKY78131 meets spectral linearity requirements of CDMA2000 and EVDO Release A modulation with good power-added efficiency.
TD-SCDMA: The SKY78131 meets spectral linearity requirements of TD-SCDMA modulation dedicated transmit output port.
Receiver Section: The SKY78131’s integrated Duplexers, RX SAWs, LNA and an Antenna switch support simultaneous Downlink Carrier Aggregation for additional Rx data rate and provides 3G/4G Rx paths from antenna to input ports of RFIC. Carrier Aggregation (CA) requirements for noise and harmonics are designed-in for best desense performance. Optimized low insertion-loss Rx paths, matching circuits, and well-grounded guard traces (high Tx–Rx isolation) inside module mitigate desense problems and enhance sensitivity performance.
LNA Rx Ports: The SKY78131 provides three LNA ports to support 4x4 MIMO.
TRx and Rx Ports: The SKY78131 provides six TRx ports.
- Fully integrated MB multiband module
- Optimized for average power tracking system
- CDMA compatible
- Integrated filters for bands 1, 2, 3, 66, 32, 34, 39
- Integrated MB-HB extractor, harmonic filter
- MIPI® 2.0/RFFE interface
- Closed loop architecture with the implemented coupler output port
- Integrated LNA module
- Integrated routed switches to support MB/HB carrier aggregation for single antenna architecture
- Flexible Tx Input
- Support VLB/LB Transmit Output port
- Small, low profile package: 6.5 mm x 6.2 mm x 0.8 mm, 54-pad configuration
Images & Diagrams
- WCDMA / LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 25, 34, 39
- Frequency (MHz)
- MCM, 54-pad
- Package (mm)
- 6.5 x 6.2 x 0.8
- SkyOne® Ultra 3.0 Front-End Module for WCDMA / LTE
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.