Step-Down Regulator with Auto-Bypass LDO for Multi-Band/Mode RF Power AmplifiersThe SKY87000-13 dynamically controls the operating voltage of a multi-mode WCDMA or GSM/EDGE Power Amplifier (PA) solution. The SKY87000-13 outputs a voltage between 0.40 V and 4.25 V, giving optimum efficiency for all operating states.
The output voltage of the device is controlled by an analog signal from the baseband processor. The SKY87000-13 can support up to 2 A of total load current with step-down and bypass regulators. The 2 MHz switching frequency is optimized for a typical 2.2 μH inductor and reduced output capacitance.
To further improve system performance, an 85 mΩ bypass linear regulator is included that allows the PA to be powered directly from the battery. The bypass regulator output voltage is offset from the step-down regulator, which improves extreme load transient and dynamic output transition performance.
The SKY87000-13 is available in a 9-bump Wafer Level Chip Scale Package (WLCSP) with 0.5 mm pin pitch.
- Input voltage range: 2.7 to 5.5 V
- Dynamic output voltage: 0.4 V to 4.25 V
- 0.16 V to 1.7 V reference input range
- 2.5 times the reference input voltage to regulator output gain
- Internally compensated current/mode architecture:
- 2 MHz switching frequency
- 2.2 μH chip inductor
- Two 4.7 μF output capacitors
- Wide duty cycle range (100% duty cycle operation)
- Integrated 85 mΩ (typical) bypass regulator
- Less than 10 μs response for 1 V output step
- Up to 2 A typical output current
- Small 9-bump WLCSP package (MSL1, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020) package
Images & Diagrams
- Min. VIN (V)
- Max. VIN (V)
- Min. VOUT (V)
- Max. VOUT (V)
- IOUT (mA)
- fOSC (kHz)
- Typ. IQ (μA)
- WLCSP, 9-bump
- Package (mm)
- 1.420 x 1.490 x 0.650
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.