5G Massive IoT System-in-PackageThe SKY66430-11 is a multi-band multi-chip System-in- Package (SiP) supporting 5G Massive IoT (LTE-M/NB-IoT) platforms. The SiP integrates the entire RF front end, transceiver, power management, memory, and baseband modem for an LTE multi-band radio operating in the 698 to 2200 MHz frequency range. NOR flash, crystals, and a few passives external to the package complete the SiP implementation.
The front-end section includes Rx low-pass filters, broadband PA with bias controller, Tx low-pass harmonic filter, and antenna switch.
Receive low-pass filters are integrated into the SIP along with the necessary matching to yield a 50 Ω single-ended impedance for the antenna. The filters provide a high level of rejection to out-of-band interferers, protecting the transceiver from high blocking signal levels and guaranteeing 3GPP LTE blocking test conformance. The Rx low-pass filters are cascaded with the low throw count switch to establish a lower insertion loss and noise figure than conventional LTE receivers.
The PA load-line is optimized for high efficiency while simultaneously meeting 3GPP ACLR and emissions mask specifications with LTE up to 6 RB. An integrated LPF is implemented to reject the PA and transceiver harmonics while at the same time minimizing any post PA loss for an optimized transmit current consumption. Out-of-band emissions performance is emphasized by the design to be 3GPP-compliant for low-band B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B26, B28, B85 and mid-band B1/B2/B3/B4/B25/B66..
A direct-conversion RF solution using low power technology has the following functional characteristics:
- Direct conversion in the Tx and Rx paths
- On-chip Fractional-N frequency synthesizers
- On-chip anti-alias filters
- On-chip AGC circuit
- On-chip reconstruction filters
- On-chip calibration including VCO and DC offset correction in the Rx paths
- Rx and Tx gain and phase correction loops between the RF and baseband
- Software control for synthesizer, Tx/Rx, adjustment, and gain control
- External clock reference of 38.4 MHz
Baseband Modem Section
- DL processing block, handling LTE downlink physical layer (Rx)
- UL processing block, handling LTE uplink physical layer (Tx)
- Synchronization processing block, handling frequency search and synchronization to LTE network
- Optimized for Cat-M1 channels defined in 3GPP Releases 13 and 14, upgradable to Release 15
- Three high-speed UARTs with hardware flow control
- One I2C master up to 3.4 Mbps
- One SPI master and slave up to 13 MHz
- Muxed GPIOs interruptible, with support of pulse counter and PWM functionality
- Two UICC interfaces compliant with ETSI TS 102 221 specification, including SIM card removal detection and support for 1.8 V and 3 V voltage levels
- Secured JTAG, with possibility of enabling or disabling the interface by hardware or secured software
- Complete BB to RF solution in a single package:
- Integrated baseband, transceiver, RF front end, RAM memory, and power management
- 8.8 mm x 10.8 mm x 0.95mm BGA package, 0.5mm pitch, Device weight: 229 mg
- Compliant to 3GPP Rel-14 LTE Advanced Pro specifications, including VoLTE support
- Upgradable to 3GPP Rel-15
- Optimized for LTE half-duplex operation (HD-FDD) for LTE-M/NB-IoT
- Global frequency band support:
- Low-band: B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20,B26, B28, B85
- Mid-band: B1, B2, B3, B4, B25, B66
- Two AUX ports to support additional bands
- Extended DRX and PSM features for long sleep duration cases
- Extremely low leakage internal PMU that enables operability for 10 years
- Smart PA biasing scheme to maximize efficiencies during low-output power operation
- LTE-M (1.4 MHz bandwidth) up to 300 kbps DL, 375 kbps UL
- NB-IoT (200 kHz bandwidth):
- NB1: 27.2 kbps DL, 62.5 kbps UL
- NB2: 120 kbps DL, 170 kbps UL
- Single 3.1 V to 5.5 V supply operation
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to +85 °C
- Skyworks conformal shielding
- Pre-certified by Carrier, Industry and Regulatory Bodies
- Lead (Pb)-free and RoHS-compliant
- MSL3 @ 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-02
Images & Diagrams
- 5G Massive IoT System-in-Package
- 8.8 x 10.8 x 0.95
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.