SkyOne® Low Band Tx-Rx Front-End Module for 3G / 4G / 5G Applications with Low Band/High Band 2G
The SKY78191-11 SkyOne® Multimode Multiband Tx-Rx Front-
End Module (FEM) supports 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G mobile devices and
operates efficiently in 3G / 4G modes. The FEM consists of a lowband
3G/4G PA block, low- and high-band 2G PA blocks, a silicon
controller containing the MIPI RFFE interface, RF band switches,
antenna switches, a bi-directional coupler, and integrated filters
for Bands 8, 12, 20 and 26. Extremely low leakage current
maximizes device standby time.
The IC die and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate. The assembly encapsulated in a 7.6 mm x 6.0 mm x 0.75 mm, 56-pad MCM, SMT plastic package allows a highly manufacturable, low cost solution.
The SKY78191-11 FEM is optimized for LTE Advanced which utilizes Carrier Aggregation for higher data rates. The combined filtering, RF matching, and TRx switching internal to the FEM optimizes performance for popular Downlink (DL) CA band combinations, all in a compact and low cost solution. The FEM contains necessary components between the antenna and RFIC transceiver and is optimized to provide superior Rx sensitivity and Tx efficiency.
Selecting the linear-GMSK operation standard disables VRAMP input, so all PA biasing depends only on MIPI mode selection. The transmitted envelope is then a linear function of RF input.
Selecting VRAMP-enabled operation, the PA controller provides VRAMP control of the GMSK envelope and reduces sensitivity to input drive, temperature, power supply, and process variations. Skyworks’ Finger-Based Integrated Power Amplifier Control (FB-iPAC) minimizes output power variation into mismatch.
In EDGE linear mode, VRAMP voltage and MIPI-based bias settings jointly optimize PA linearity and efficiency.
Exceptional RF coexistence planning and system techniques are employed to minimize Rx de-sensitizing ("de-sense").
- MIPI® RFFE 2.0 control interfaces w/ 1.8 V nominal supply
- Integrated switched duplexer filters for Bands 8, 12, 20 and 26
- Four auxiliary 3G/4G Tx outputs for external filters
- Four auxiliary 3G/4G TRx ports to support additional bands
- Tx filtering for harmonically-related LB-MB downlink CA
- Integrated low band and high band 2G PAs
- High band 2G works with companion MB/HB modules
- Integrated bi-directional RF coupler with cascade support
- ESD compliant 8 kV on antenna port
- Small, low profile package: 7.6 mm x 6.0 mm x 0.75 mm, 56-pad configuration
- 3G Features:
- WCDMA, HSPA+
- CDMA2000 1x RC1, RC3, EVDO (Rev A)
- 4G Features:
- FDD LTE
- Uplink QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM
- Inter-band Downlink/Uplink CA support
- 5G Feature:
Images & Diagrams
- SkyOne® Low Band Tx-Rx Front-End Module for 3G / 4G / 5G Applications with Low Band/High Band 2G
- MCM, 56-pad
- 7.6 x 6.0 x 0.75
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.