Dual-Band 802.11a/g/n/ac Wireless LAN Front EndThe SKY85809-11 is a complete 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless local area network (WLAN), RF front-end module (FEM) that provides all the functionality of a power amplifier (PA), filtering, power detector, transmit/receive (T/R) switch, diplexer, and associated matching. The SKY85809-11 provides a complete 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WLAN RF solution, from the output of the transceiver to the antenna in an ultra-compact form factor. Designed to meet the stringent linearity conditions of the 802.11ac standard, the SKY85809-11 delivers less than 2% error vector magnitude (EVM) at the rated alternating current (AC) power.
Designed for ease of use, all RF ports are matched to 50 to simplify the layout of the printed circuit board (PCB) and the interface to the transceiver. The SKY85809-11 also includes a transmitter power detector with +20 dB of dynamic range for each transmit chain. Each power amplifier has a separate digital enable control for transmitter on/off control. The power ramp rise/fall time is less than 0.5 µs.
The SKY85809-11 provides local oscillator (LO) filters for the 2 GHz and 5 GHz transmit paths.
The SKY85809-11 is packaged in a small 4.0 x 3.0 x 0.6 mm, Quad Flat No-Lead (QFN) package.
- All RF ports matched to 50
- Integrated 2.4 GHz PA, 5 GHz PA, transmit filter, diplexers, and T/R switches
- Integrated logarithmic power detector for each transmit chain
- +25 dBm power, 802.11b, 11 Mbps, ACPR = +35 dBc
- +22 dBm @ 3% (-30 dB) EVM, MCS7, HT40, 2G
- +19.5 dBm @ 3% (-30 dB) EVM, MCS7, HT40, 5G
- +20 dBm @ 1.8% (-35 dB) EVM, MCS9, HT40, 2G
- +18.5 dBm @ 1.8% (-35 dB) EVM, MCS9, HT80, 5G
- Single supply voltage: 5.0 V ± 10%
- Sleep mode: < 1 A
- Bluetooth® functional when VCC = 0 V or 5.0 V
- Bluetooth and 5 GHz WiFi concurrent operation
- Multiple receive bypass step attenuation
- Small QFN (28-pin, 4.0 x 3.0 x 0.6 mm) package (MSL3, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020)
Images & Diagrams
- Dual Band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN FEM
- QFN, 28-pin
- 4 x 4 x 0.6
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.