Spur-Free, 50 MHz to 2.1 GHz Single Fractional-N Frequency SynthesizerSkyworks SKY72310-11 fractional-N frequency synthesizer provides ultra-fine frequency resolution, fast switching speed, and low phase-noise performance. This synthesizer is a key building block for high-performance radio system designs that require low power and fine step size.
The ultra-fine step size of less than 100 Hz allows this synthesizer to be used in very narrowband wireless applications. With proper temperature sensing or through control channels, the synthesizer’s fine step size can compensate for crystal oscillator or intermediate frequency (IF) filter drift. As a result, crystal oscillators or crystals can replace temperature-compensated or ovenized crystal oscillators, reducing parts count and associated component cost. The device’s fine step size can also be used for Doppler shift corrections.
Reference crystals or oscillators up to 50 MHz can be used with the SKY72310-11. The crystal frequency is divided down by independent programmable dividers (1 to 32) for the synthesizer. The phase detector can operate at a maximum speed of 50 MHz, which allows better phase noise due to the lower division value. With a high reference frequency, the loop bandwidths can also be increased. Larger loop bandwidths improve the settling times and reduce in-band phase noise. Therefore, typical switching times of less than 100 μs can be achieved. The lower in-band phase noise also permits the use of lower cost Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) in customer applications.
- Spur-free, fractional-N operation
- Operating frequency: 50 MHz to 2.1 GHz
- Normalized phase noise: -218 dBc/Hz
- Low power consumption:11 to 14 mW typical @ 3 V
- Ultra-fine step size, 100 Hz or less
- Software programmable power-down modes
- High-speed serial interface up to 100 Mbps
- Programmable division ratios on reference frequency
- Phase detector with programmable gain to provide a programmable loop bandwidth
- On-chip crystal oscillator
- Supply range: 2.7 to 3.3 V operation
- High ESD: 1 kV HBM
- MCM (24-pin, 4 x 4 mm) (MSL3, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020) package
- Pin-compatible replacement to the SKY72310-362LF
Images & Diagrams
- Main Synthesizer Frequency (MHz)
- Normalized Phase Noise (dBc/Hz)
- Supply Voltage (V)
- MCM, 24-pin
- Package (mm)
- 4 x 4 x 0.8
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.